OPEN CALL FOR FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS
Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. October 10
Rules and Regulations for Submissions to River Arts Festival Film Night
Thursday, November 9th, 2017
- Film makers are invited to submit short films no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Films must be in relation to the theme "Canadian Landscapes.” It is up to the film maker how they interpret the theme “Canadian Landscapes”.
- Short films can be in any type of medium i.e. animation, computer graphics, stills, live action etc.
- There is no fee for submitting content.
- Applicants are welcome to submit more than one production.
- Submitted films will be juried by River Arts Festival volunteers, and those chosen will be selected to be part of the Festival Film Night on Nov. 9th, 2017 to be held at Flyers Bakery and Café at 144 Queen St, Dunnville, ON.
- Applicants must submit application form and film for review by 11:59pm October 10th, 2017.
- Films must be submitted by providing Festival Volunteers with an unpublished Youtube link for jurying to be reviewed.
- To submit your film and application form please submit online through our webpage.
- Film makers are welcome to interpret the theme “Canadian Landscapes” any way they like, there are no restrictions with regards to subject matter; however we enforce that no one (person or animal) is harmed in the making of your film.
- All submissions will remain the property of the filmmaker.
- By submitting a submission form with an unpublished Youtube link to my film, applicants give River Arts Festival the right to screen their film if selected.
- Open to Canadian residents of all ages
- All films are subject to jurying and will be selected based on quality and creativity foremost.
- Applicants must submit an on-line registration form and an unpublished link to their film for review by 11:59pm October 10, 2017 by clickinghere.
- All submissions will remain the property of the film maker.
- By submitting a signed application form, applicants give River Arts Festival the right to screen their film if selected.
- Selected films will be included in the Nov. 9, 2017 River Arts Festival Film Night and receive a $50 honorarium for their submission.
- Successful applicants will have their bios and description of their film included on the River Arts Festival website and used to create posters promoting the event.
- Filmmakers are welcomed and encouraged to attend, introduce their film and address the crowd after the screening to answer any questions or make a statement.